Do I need to hire a public adjuster?

Debt.When you suffer from property loss and you want to file a claim with your insurance company to determine the amount of money that you should receive, you will need to hire a public adjuster. A public adjuster is an adjuster that is hired by the insured rather than the insurance company. The insurance company will send out an adjuster to calculate your damages, and ultimately decide how much the insurance company should pay. A public adjuster, however, will assist you in calculating your damages to recover more than the insurance company wants to pay. Just because an insurance company adjuster decides, or determines, what your damages are, does not mean that that’s correct. The insurance company wants to pay you as little as possible for your damages as possible and will do everything they can to stick with the numbers they have come up with themselves.

A public adjuster will help you recover as much as possible from the insurance company on your behalf. This can make a substantial difference in the amount of property you are able to restore. For example, if your house is destroyed in a fire, a public adjuster can assist you in trying to claim money that would help you totally rebuild or buy a new home, as opposed to accepting what the insurance company wants to give you that may only pay for some of the repairs. When you suffer property damage as a result of a disaster, you should speak with an experienced insurance claims attorney who can walk you through this confusing process and provide you with the guidance you need to overcome this setback. 

The Law Office of Craig A. Blumberg is an experienced New York City insurance law firm. If you require quality assistance after having suffered property loss, please contact our firm to schedule a free initial consultation.