What should I do when I suffer property loss?

house-1528960When you suffer a loss, if you have a fire at your house, for example, it can be devastating. Many times, a person who suffers a loss has never found themselves in this type of situation and has no idea what they should do. They don’t know what the best process is or who to contact or what to expect. They usually hope that their insurance company will provide them with the best assistance during this difficult time, but in many situations, that is just not the case.

What you need to do is to make sure that your rights are protected, and that your insurance company does not take advantage of you. The best first step is to always call an insurance law attorney who understands the ins and outs of the process and the different shortcuts your insurance company will likely try and take. You can contact me and I can help you. I can refer you to a public adjuster, but the goal here is to make sure that you get paid as much as you should get paid, and that the insurance company does not low-ball you, or treat you unfairly, because there is a high chance that they will try to do just that. It can be a very trying time for anybody who has been through a loss. We are here to help you and protect your rights.

The Law Office of Craig A. Blumberg is an experienced New York City insurance law firm. If you require quality assistance after having suffered property loss, please contact our firm to schedule a free initial consultation.