What is a third party claim?

As a homeowner, people want to ensure that everything on their property is safe. They do not want to have outside sources affecting their home. This can include fallen trees or sources of water that can cause flooding. These matters can be more complicated when a source is on someone else’s property. When it originates on a neighbor’s property, another homeowner is able to file a third party claim. These claims can be made for issues such as fallen objects, fire that spread, construction that damages your property somehow and water damage from runoff originating from a broken pipe. If these issues happen on your neighbor’s property and somehow affect your property, a third party claim may be able to help you receive insurance money for your property. This can be beneficial to help with cleanup that the issue caused. Even if you do not have insurance, you may be entitled to some kind of compensation for these situations.

For damage issues, it can be a hassle for homeowners. They already keep up with cleaning their home and making sure there are no issues. When someone else’s issue affects your home, someone should be held accountable. During these times, the financial toll damage can take on your home can be devastating. It is important to reach out for insurance help. This may be able to get your house back to its standard condition. Receiving help from insurance money can fix the damage that was caused.

How can home insurance help me?

When individuals face issues where their home is destroyed, insurance can aid them at this time. Natural disasters can be seen as a common way that a home becomes destroyed. They can cause slight damage or even be destructive. During this time, homeowners should seek help from their insurance company. Their insurance company can assess the damage and how much money should be enough to help them at this time. For certain disasters, such as flooding, homeowners may have to seek additional insurance rather than a standard insurance plan. Many times flooding is not included in a standard insurance plan. Instead, flood insurance can be acquired to help homeowners when these disasters affect them and their home.

The Law Office of Craig A. Blumberg is an experienced New York City insurance law firm. If you require quality assistance after having suffered property loss, please contact our firm to schedule a free initial consultation.