NYC Notice of Claim Forms

mobsli3When your property becomes damaged and it is the fault of New York City, you may want to bring a lawsuit to recover compensation. In order to bring a lawsuit against a municipality such as New York City, you will have to file a Notice of Claim within 90 days of the incident. This simply notifies the city officials that you are going to bring a lawsuit against them. It is crucial that you file this Notice within 90 days otherwise, you will not be allowed to bring a lawsuit.

In your Notice of Claim form, you will have to provide the City with information that pertains to the property damage that occurred. You will be required to detail the nature of the damage that occurred at the time of the incident. It is also important that you provide the time and date of which the damage took place.

The City will have their insurance company assess how much the damage is worth. However, they are a for-profit company and will want to save money in any way they can. In fact, they may even give you a quote that is much less than it should be. In this case, it would be valuable to have a public adjuster look at the damage and give you a more accurate idea of the amount you should receive from the City for the damage caused.

If you have questions about what to do in the event that your property becomes damaged, you should consult with an experienced insurance law firm who can fight for your rights and help you get the money you deserve during this difficult time.

The Law Office of Craig A. Blumberg is an experienced New York City insurance law firm. If you require quality assistance after having suffered property loss, please contact our firm to schedule a free initial consultation.